Friday, September 7, 2012

A Beautiful Thing...

Kellie Pickler. I know her as the cute country singer who started on American Idol and carried on to be successful in her own right. I also think she is just as sweet as can be after seeing her interviewed on Ellen. Right now, she might be my favourite celebrity, and one of my favourtie people in general. 
Kellie Pickler, friendship, awareness, cancer
Summer & Kellie

On Wednesday I saw an article about Kellie Pickler shaving her head - shaving her long blonde gorgeous locks - in support of her best friend who is battling cancer. I found this story, or rather this act, to be extremely powerful. Very moving.  

That is friendship. That is love.

Her friend, Summer Holt Miller, (who is 36 and was diagnosed in June) said, “If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it.” 

I hope this story makes you smile, makes you think, and makes you not take a single thing for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment