Friday, September 28, 2012

Sunday (just got more) Funday

Well Sundays are just about to get way more fun! This weekend 4 (count 'em 4!) of my favourite shows are premiering... and all on Sunday! My PVR is going to get a serious workout this fall. 

Once Upon A Time, TV, fall On ABC the second seasons of Once Upon A Time and Revenge start up, as well as a brand spankin' new show called 666 Park Avenue. 

Revenge, TV, fallOnce Upon a Time was new last fall and very much unlike anything I'd ever seen before. It's definitely an acquired taste but it had me hooked. It's half fairy tale and half real life - a story based around Snow White's evil queen putting a spell on all the land (so all the fairy tales) and sending them to a horrible realm - Earth! I thought it was quite well done, and gives you a darker or more real look into these fairy tales we all know and love. I didn't know how they were going to make a second season happen with this story line, but there it was, in the last few minutes of the finale. I can't wait now to see what happens!

Revenge. I love this show. It's smart, creative, suspenseful - it's awesome! If you have not seen season 1, I recommend you do. The whole season (and series) revolves around this main character avenging her fathers death. That could definitely make for a cheesy show, but they do it really well!

666 Park Avenue is a new show this fall. Since it follows the other two ABC shows I'm already hooked on, why not give it a shot! The magazine ads for it make it look like a saucy show, but the TV ads for it make it look like a scary show - either way, WIN! Can't wait.

Moving on over to Showtime... DEXTER. There's not much to say except that it is brilliant. I can't believe this is going to be the start of season 7. The show has not lost any of it's quality over the years, in fact, it might have gotten better! As more time passes, serial killer Dexter has to become more clever, and therefore the writing does too. Each finale has left me with my jaw dropped and last year was no different. This is going to be a good season kids!
Dexter, TV, fall
Do you share my love of any of these shows? What are you most excited to see come back (or start) this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment