Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Snow White & the Huntsman

Snow White and the Huntsman, Charlize Theron, Kristin Stewart, movie reviewThis past weekend I watched the movie Snow White & the Huntsman - I originally wanted to see it in theaters but never made it so when it came out last week I jumped right on it! I was so "wowed" by this movie, I highly recommend it. 

It was deep and dark. The cinematography was beautiful. And the acting... OH, the acting. Firstly, Charlize Theron stole the show. She played the evil queen and her performance was chilling and powerful. I think she is an awesome actress and she did not disappoint. Can't say enough good things, just amazing talent there. Snow White was played by Kristin Stewart of course. I don't normally like her (I find her quite awkward) but I think she did a great job! Opposite her was Chris Hemsworth as the Huntsman. He was also excellent in his role, although I will admit, I found his good looks distracting! :) Every other supporting character was super strong as well.

A couple of months ago I saw the movie Mirror Mirror (with Julia Roberts and Lily Collins), which also tells the Snow White story with the huntsman. That was a cute movie, but definitely on the cheesy side. It doesn't even compare to this one. This movie was like the grown up version, and really did blow me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment