Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Best Oscars Ever?

The Oscars are about to get awesome this year in my opinion! 

Just announced yesterday, Seth MacFarlane (of Family Guy fame in case you're not familiar with him) will be hosting this years Oscars!

Seth MacFarlane, Oscars, Family Guy, TV"It's truly an overwhelming privilege to be asked to host the Oscars," MacFarlane said. "My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors; and two, I hope they don't find out I hosted the Charlie Sheen Roast."

I think he is one of the funniest people out there and can't wait to watch him host.  That being said, we've had some OK hosts as of late, like Steve Martin & Alec Baldwin, Hugh Jackman, and Anne Hathaway (who co-hosted with James Franco, who I did not think was as great). But there have been more duds then not - even with people I love, like Ellen DeGeneres. 

I am rooting for him and I'm sure he won't disappoint. As he mentions in his above statement, he hosted the Charlie Sheen roast... which was not as a whole funny, but he killed it! I'm so excited I may start planning my "Seth-MacFarlane-is-hosting-the-Oscars" outfit! Just kidding... 

Now we wait. Until February.

No comments:

Post a Comment