Enter: dry shampoo. I was only introduced to dry shampoo a handful of years ago and it has since changed my life. For anyone that doesn't know what it is (is there anyone that doesn't know?), dry shampoo is magic when it comes to making hair look fresh and clean on non-hairwash days. I love it. Anyway, I think it's safe to say I found the holy grail of dry shampoo and that, if you haven't guessed already, is Dove's dry shampoo. It's light, not powdery, needs only to be applied once at the start of your day and has a bonus: it adds a natural volume to your hair! Another perk is that it is only $5.99 (Canadian $) at your local drugstore or grocery store. I can't think of anything bad to say about it, it's just that fantastic!
I should note that I have tried numerous brands, such as:
- KMS - second favourite but at $17 it's not cheap
- Klorane - 3rd favourite
- OSIS - I'm neutral on it, so not worth the salon price
- Kevin Murphy - good but I found I needed to reapply, so also not worth the salon price
- Batiste - I found it too powdery which put a thick coating on my hair & makes my blonde hair white so I can't even imagine brunettes!
- TRESemmé - definite no as it made my hair greasy and flat
Hair and hair health is SO important to me. I'm not sure about you but I invest a lot of money in my hair. As a blonde I also know how hard it is to keep your hair healthy and soft, so I do everything and anything to keep it that way. A lot of people (even some hairstylist friends) are impressed by how healthy my hair is despite being a blonde and ask my secret. Well, this - not overwashing my hair and using this dry shampoo - is one of them!
*Another "Can't Live Without" beauty product: Benefit Mascara