Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Book Worm

As I kid I was the biggest book worm ever! I consumed books like my life depended on it. I would always carry one around with me and would read just one page, or even just a paragraph whenever I could squeeze it in. I always enjoyed evenings hanging around with my parents, each just reading quietly. That's not all we did - it's not as nerdy as it sounds, haha! I've openly admitted time and time again that I am a definitely a TV baby. But reading is of course more intellectual, and was (is) a big part of my life. I am also someone who really enjoys and appreciates her alone time, and one of my most favourite ways to spend that time is reading. I absolutely love the feeling of being lost in a good book.

Every now and again in the last handful of years I find myself without a book on the go, and after some time passes, I find myself longing for one. That happened to me recently but I'm happy to announce I'm back on the reading wagon and it feels SO good! I never want to lose my desire to read, or not make time to read. It is so important.

reading, pastime, book
Typical young me, lost in a book.
























I think we all know that reading is good for you, but just in case you weren't sure exactly how, here are 7 major benefits of reading:
  1. Enhanced smarts
  2. Reduces stress
  3. Greater tranquility 
  4. Improved analytical thinking
  5. Increased vocabulary
  6. Improved memory
  7. Improved writing skills     
Who wouldn't want to reap those benefits?! Are you a reader? Read any good books lately?

9 comments:

  1. I've not read my lately but I've been wanting to re-read Girls In White Dresses. SUCH a good book.

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that book... I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That is not the first time I've heard that! I will definitely have to pick it up as my next read. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  3. I am currently on the last book from the "Matched" Trilogy by Ally Condie. It is SUCH a good series! Similar to the Hunger Games in that society controls everything and a rebellion happens against it :)

    www.corporategirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was SO addicted to the Hunger Games last summer. Isn't it the best when you find a great book that is part of a trilogy?

      Delete
  4. AMAZING!!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?! Let me know!! :)

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/
    https://www.facebook.com/estilohedonico?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading as well! I am about to start a book called "Gone Girl" which I am looking forward to. You should do a post on your favorite books or any recommendations! :)

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a book on the go now, another one lined up next, but after that I'm totally going to dive into Gone Girl! I've heard nothing but amazing things. I think probably will share my book reviews! :)

      Delete