Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Shopping Advice via Lauren Conrad

I've already featured Lauren Conrad as one of my style icons, and with her own fashion line and style book, I think we can say the girl does know her stuff. I came across a snippet of an interview she recently did with Redbook magazine and she had what I thought was really great advice when it comes to shopping! It's advice that I think could help with the whole "shopping your own closet" idea, but if shopping in a store/online, it will help ensure you make wise decisions when it comes to your purchases. 

When it comes to shopping her advice is to pull out your 10 favourite pieces or most worn pieces and lay them out. This will help you "figure out what you gravitate toward, what makes you feel good". Two perks of this: that you have a clear view of what you actually wear, and what you WILL actually wear; also that with these pieces in mind, you can build a wardrobe around them which will keep them in rotation! She also mentions the usefulness of this practice when thinking about accessories - you won't be as likely to buy things on a whim and realize that it doesn't go with anything you wear!

To try out this advice I decided to scour my closet for my favourite/most-worn pieces. In order to get a well rounded and most accurate view, I made sure to include work attire as well. These are the pieces I came up with

clothes, shopping, fashion, advice

Will it help? Time will tell. What do you think of this advice? Do you have any tricks or tips yourself to make sure you get the most bang for your buck?

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea, I can definitely envision several of my 'TOP 10' pieces.

    PS - I just realized this was you, and not some other Sam that I didn't 'know' (from a past life of Jacob and Santa Fe ;)! Good to 'see' you! LOL (and I know you've been commenting for a long time, I just didn't know it was YOU).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUP! It is ME! Hahaha! Good to see you too! :)

      Delete