Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Happiest 5K on the Planet!

Last weekend a girlfriend and I went to Boston to cross something off our bucket list: run a race. 

I've always wanted to run a race and have just never taken the plunge. I'm a fairly new runner to begin with, if you can even call me a runner. I love it although hard on my body (mainly my ankles). For me the secret to running is getting in the habit of doing it, like most people I'm sure. Anyway, having a race date looming in the distance can certainly help keep you motivated! 

When we went to sign up for the Ottawa Race Weekend 5K it was sold out. After browsing different races, whether in our city or others, I found The Color Run. It's a 5K race that involves wearing white and getting colour tossed at you every kilometer or so that you run! Um, who wouldn't want to do that?! They also call it "The Happiest 5K on the Planet" - sounds like a good first race to me! The event was in Boston, which seems to be a city I am drawn to because I love it, and it was the best time. The run itself was so well organized and just a blast. At the end of the race there is a "festival" with beer, food, games, a DJ, and much much more! I highly recommend it. 

After looking into the race and then seeing our pictures so many people want to run it now! I think our next Color Run will bring out some newbies. Because we WILL do this again and I can't wait!

The Color Run
Me at The Color Run

No comments:

Post a Comment