Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Movies

Christmas, Christmas movies, Rudolph the red nosed reindeerI feel like I could talk about the best parts of Christmas forever. There are so many, from big things like family, to little things like candy canes. These favourite things seem to pop up or come to mind constantly over the holidays, which is great. Or you'll hear someone else talk about them and immediately chime in. One of my (endless list of many) favourite things about Christmas is the movies. From old school cartoon movies (most of which I own) to new school Christmas movies. The stories are always filled with love, they always have a festive setting, and let's be honest, when it's snowy outside isn't it the best to sit inside by the tree and watch these Christmas movies? That's what I'm looking forward to this weekend. There's a couple of big snow storms hitting the city and with only a couple of plans, I intend to make sure all the necessary Christmas movies get watched or re-watched! With today being my last work day before the holiday, I've got time :)

With that in mind, I thought I'd share some of my favourite Christmas movies:
  1. Love Actually - This is a no brainer. Forget Christmas, this is one of my ALL TIME favourite movies.
  2. The Family Stone - I feel like this movie is less well known and popular and I have ZERO idea why. It is again one of the best movies in existence. Fun and funny, such a beautiful story.
  3. Elf - Duh. We all need a laugh over the holidays. And we all need a little Will Ferrell always.
  4. Home Alone - Classic. Just classic. 
  5. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - I can't believe I only saw this for the first time when I was in my early 20's. That's probably why it's not higher on the list but MAN I know why this is most peoples fave! 
  6. Scrooged - Saw this for the first time last Christmas season with my friend and we laughed and laughed and laughed! Previous to seeing it was in the "Christmas" section of the movie rentals, we hadn't really heard anything of it but decided to give it a shot! If you've not heard of it, do give it a shot! It's hilarious. 
  7. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, The Grinch, Charlie Brown Christmas - Not in any particular order, I cannot rhyme off a list that does not include these childhood cartoon favourites. I own these and hope to get to them all this weekend or before Christmas - it's tradition! 
I'm SURE I am missing one or two or ten... isn't that always the way? Someone mentions one and you're like "Oooooh yeahhhhh!". What's your fave?

At that, here's my fave part of my fave movie Love Actually - which you should probably only watch if you've seen the movie (spoiler alert) - enjoy:
 

4 comments:

  1. Elf has become a classic in our house... and my sister and I used to stay up on Christmas Eve to watch The Christmas Story with good ol' Ralphie. ;) such great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I knew I would forget one! A Christmas Story is also a fairly new one to me (may have seen it for the first time a handful of years ago) but I LOVE it!

      Delete
  2. Twas the Night Before Christmas with the mice... is that still on?... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not... or at least I haven't seen it in years! I feel like it was very short lived, but made a huge impact - I loved it.

      Delete