Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Osheaga

As I mentioned Friday, this past weekend was a holiday weekend. The highlight was definitely on Sunday when a friend and I went up to Montreal for a music festival called Osheaga. It's a HUGE 3-day festival. I had never been and although it's 3 days we decided just to go for the Sunday as our main goal was to see Mumford and Sons. Being a festival of course we got to see so many other great artists including The Lumineers (who were AMAZING)! It was awesome. 

When we got there we had about 20 minutes of torrential downpours to deal with (we caved and bought ponchos) but after that, it was pretty much sun and blue skies! Touring around was fun because there were just so many stages really spread out, so many vendors and other cool areas. There was also a really cool Chill Zone overlooking the water where we spent some time before Mumford and Sons just hanging out and ended up making use of our ponchos once again, but as blankets to sit on (or lie on as seen below). We just had a blast. Then Mumford and Sons. WOW. They were so incredible. Better than I hoped. I want to see them again immediately! The talent. The music. I swear I was in a trance the entire concert! It was a dream come true...

Here are just a few pics that I took:


Montreal, concert, Osheaga

There was a really cool area where they had random works of art like this
Hugging one of the giant mascots

Lumineers

Thank goodness for the poncho!
Mumford and Sons

Mumford and Sons confetti finale - too cool!
If you are anywhere near Montreal, and like festivals, I'd definitely recommend Osheaga! I will return I have no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment