Monday, January 13, 2014

Last Night's Golden Globe (Fashion) Winners

Last night was the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards. This time I actually watched ALL of the red carpet coverage and ALL of the awards show! I've got to say, I will give credit to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler but this show felt modern and really really funny. They've given it some much needed spunk for sure!
Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Golden Globes, awards show

With the actual awards I was quite happy with the winners. Jennifer Lawrence was INCREDIBLE in American Hustle. Amy Adams was great as well. As far as the gentleman winners, I realize I NEED to see Dallas Buyers Club. I think the only thing I was a little sad about was that American Hustle won the best Motion Picture award. Although the ladies were fabulous in it, I didn't think that movie was all it had been cracked up to be. It felt long, dry, and drawn out at times - not something you would necessarily expect from a critically acclaimed flick with that cast. In my limited exposure to the nominees I would have given it to Her. THAT was a beautiful perfect movie in my opinion... but more on that in a later post. 

As for the fashion - I was so pleasantly surprised! SO MANY dresses to choose from. I was definitely impressed and found the task of picking a fave difficult. 

My top picks are newbie Margot Robbie in this absolutely stunning Gucci dress with beautiful emerald shoes to coordinate, and host Amy Poehler (doing a quick red carpet circuit before hitting up the stage) in a simple but interesting black gown. I would gladly wear either!

Margot Robbie, Golden Globes, fashion, red carpet, awards showAmy Poehler, Golden Globes, fashion, red carpet, awards show

 Runners up with stunning looks that are worth mentioning and showing off: the colourful gowns of Lupita Nyong'o and Louise Roe, and metallic beauties Kate Beckinsale and Kate Mara.

Lupita Nyong'o, Golden Globes, fashion, red carpet, awards showLouise Roe, Golden Globes, fashion, red carpet, awards show
Kate Beckinsale, Golden Globes, fashion, red carpet, awards showKate Mara, Golden Globes, fashion, red carpet, awards show
 And can we please take a moment to admire the beautifully dressed pregnant celebs Kerry Washington and Olivia Wilde? STUNNING! 

Kerry Washington, Golden Globes, fashion, red carpet, awards showOlivia Wilde, Golden Globes, fashion, red carpet, awards show

Who's on your best dressed list from last night?

No comments:

Post a Comment