Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back to School!

I have not gone to school in a long while but still, even as a career woman, I can remember that back to school feeling... a little excitement and a little dread, but also definitely that feeling that summer is coming to an end. I know technically the end of summer/start of fall isn't until later this month (and I hope mother nature can squeeze out a few more beautiful weekends), but mentally it's kinda over. Summer is definitely my fave month. The sunshine and the heat just do it for me!

I will say this though, I do not mind fall. I think it's probably one of the most beautiful seasons! Also who doesn't love the leaves changing colour, fall clothes (big cozy sweaters and boots are the best), and even the smell of fall - all so good. For the most part, patios are still open too, you just might need to bring a jean jacket with you (and who doesn't love breaking out that jean jacket?). I think this year I am finding it harder to believe that September has arrived and summer is coming to an end because the weather hasn't been the most ideal... the sun and heat were not in full force as much as I would have liked. But you can't win 'em all - we've been very lucky in past summers... and hey, mother nature could actually surprise us still!

Where are you on this? Hoping summer will extend itself a bit more? Or ready to embrace fall?

Summer, Pool, fall,

1 comment:

  1. I'm so torn by summer to fall... I want the fall wardrobe, but I also want to go to the beach every weekend. Luckily in LA that sometimes happens :) I love to come to the East Coast and actually see the seasons though! Hope you're having a great week.

    --Ash
    Pursuit of Shoes

    ReplyDelete