Monday, February 11, 2013

2013 Grammy Looks

As I'm sure everyone is aware, last night was the Grammy Awards. I watched the red carpet special before the show then watched the first portion of the show itself. I must say, when it comes to red carpet awards shows, I think the Grammy's are the most fun. By most fun I mean that it is a formal event that brings out a lot of gowns, but usually with an edge. Perhaps though we would have seen more risk takers if CBS hadn't issued a memo telling attendees essentially to cover up! There definitely were some celebrities that tested the limits - Katy Perry with her "key hole", Jennifer Lopez with her hip high slit, and Kelly Rowland with all of those sheer cut-outs in her dress. Compared to some outfits in previous years, those are actually fairly modest violations of the dress code. Needless to say, I really enjoyed the fashion last night.

For the evening my top fashion prize goes to Rihanna in a custom Azzedine Alaia. I couldn't stop staring at it! The colour, the way it moved - I thought it was gorgeous. My next favourite would be Carrie Underwood in Roberto Cavalli. I knew she would make it to the top of my list the second I saw her. She also looked stunning!

Grammys, Rihanna, Azzedine Alaia, red carpet, fashionGrammys, Carrie Underwood, Roberto Cavalli, fashion, red carpet

Here are a few of my other favourite looks on the red carpet (apparently I was drawn to dark and red gowns!):

Grammys, red carpet, fashion
Allison Williams, Skylar Grey, Miranda Lambert, Natasha Beddingfeld
Who were your style winners of the night?

5 comments:

  1. Love Carrie Underwood, her performance was amazing!

    Check out my online beauty store: http://beautybymissash.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her too - she was so good (as always)!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't even realize the colour trend until after I made my picks!

      Delete
  3. Love rihanna dress :)


    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete