Thursday, March 15, 2012

A what party? A shoe party!

So this is something that I think is really fun and want to share. In my house, my roommate and I have utilized the space that would normally be an "eating area" off the kitchen in a different way. What we decided to do, was to turn this into a shoe room. Yes, you heard me, we have a shoe room. It's a rectangular room with a full length mirror at one end, adorned by shoe racks (one is mine and one is hers) on either side. On the other end of the room are 2 red tub chairs and a table. It opens to the kitchen on one side and to our deck on the other - so I don't have to tell you what great natural lighting we get! We love this room, as does everyone who sees it! Definitely a perk of living with another girl.

So basically, we've finished decorating and furnishing our house for the most part. One day the idea struck me, that we should work on furnishing the shoe room, and make a party of it! We do like shoes AND parties. So here's the deal: the first Thursday of every month, we each buy a pair of shoes, sit in the shoe room and do a little show-and-tell if you will. We also each buy a bottle of wine, have something special/delicious for dinner, and wear our brand new shoes around for the night. Oh and there's also balloons. Sound fun? It is!


Our first ever shoe party! We made some pretty fine choices if you ask me. Hers are the shoes on the left and mine on the right, both Aldo.

No comments:

Post a Comment