Monday, October 24, 2011

Holy Movies Batman!

So I do like my movies, and I do like going to the theatre , but I seem to have gone a lot more often than normal in the past few weeks! I've not been blogging long and I already have 2 movie reviews up... and now I have 2 more! They are as follows:

The Ides of March...

GREAT movie. I am not a politico at all so I started off unsure as to whether or not it would feel dry in spots, or if anything would go over my head (I know even less about American politics and how that system works). Sure enough the story behind the party was the main draw.

Strong story and incredible acting. Names like George Clooney, Ryan Gosling and Phillip Seymour Hoffman are enough reason to have confidence in the film. Evan Rachel Wood, rocked the movie as well - other than her brief stint on the HBO show True Blood this was my real first impression of her and she was able to hold her own.


50/50...
       

Another GREAT movie (apparently I've been on a roll with my choices thank goodness; nothing worse than paying theatre prices and being disappointed). The movie is about a 27 year old who gets diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, and then the story takes off from there. Very emotional with a dash of hilarity. The story was very true to the situation and the reactions of his friends/family/co-workers etc.

What I liked about this movie was that it felt very personal. You became invested in what would happen to the main character and when he was feeling strong emotions, it was hard not to feel them along with him. Beautiful story from start to end
.

No comments:

Post a Comment